One of the biggest struggles of the winter months is finding things to do! It’s too cold to go outside, skiing is too expensive, and going to the movies every week gets old eventually. Here’s 10 cheap date ideas (that are actually fun) to get you through the cold weather!
- Build a blanket fort and watch your favorite childhood movies!
- Check out a local museum! Do some research and see what museums are in your area!
- Play Iron Chef! Pick out five random items from the grocery store, and make a meal using those items. Loser is in charge of cleanup!
- Volunteer together. See what volunteering opportunities are available and help out your community!
- Take a class together! Check out your local rec center and see what classes are offered.
- Treat yourselves to a spa night! Give each other massages, manicures, pedicures, or facials at home!
- Visit your local bookstore! Pick out a book for each other, grab a coffee, and just read together for a few hours.
- Try out a DIY! Head to Pinterest and find something for you to work on together. Check out some of our DIY tutorials (like our DIY calendar) at the end of this post to get some ideas!
- Host a video game or board game tournament. Invite some friends over, pick out for favorite games, and battle it out! Games like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, or Monopoly are some of our favorites!
- Head to your local thrift store. Set a budget, and pick out the most stylish or strangest outfit that you can find!
Date night doesn’t have to break the bank. Try deal websites like Groupon for deals on fun activities for you and your S.O. or do some research and figure out what fun activities are offered in your area! You’ll be surprised at how many awesome and cheap date ideas are out there! Get creative and just have fun!